Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Since When Is It September?!

Aloooha! :)

Time is seriously flying by. (And I realize I've been saying that for a while now. But man... I feel like I blink and here I am sitting at a computer again to email.) This week was another amazing one! Sis. Ikegami is great and we have been having a lot of fun here in Saratoga! So many miracles.

This week we picked up four new investigators! How amazing! I don't know how I got to lucky to see so much success lately but the Lord has been so good to me! One of our new investigators speaks Farsi and so now... Sis. Ikegami and I can count to ten, conjugate "eat", and describe our face (down to the eyelashes)! It's pretty amazing. On a better note, we contacted this man, our new investigator, in the park and we told him who we were and then he starts expressing to us that he wanted to know more about our church. So of course we're both really excited! Then, he stops and asks us what missionaries do! The whole time we were talking to him. He was telling us all this stuff he knew and so I just assumed he knew what we did as missionaries..turns out, he had no idea. Haha! Lesson learned..

Our other investigators came from contacting all over the place and we are both particularly excited for one of our new investigators. He met us and was so impressed with what we do that he wants to know how he and his daughters can get involved so they can go on missions like us! How amazing is that? 

There have been so many things happening lately and so many miracles and blessings just pouring out from everywhere. This area is just taking off and I am so glad to be here!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and had a great Labor Day yesterday!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

P.S. New skill of this week...KNITTING. A recent convert in one of our wards is a young single mother who also happens to be a master knitter. Like really though... she's an actual master knitter. One of nine. And she taught us how to knit. I feel super talented now. Just call me Sister Knifty Knitter Ellis-Lui-Kwan from now on....or you could probably just use my name..because that's long enough already. Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment