Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The California Gold Rush!

Aloha everyone! :)

I hope everyone's week was great this week. This week has yet again just flown by. I don't know how that seems to happen...but it does. This week has been another amazing one! Sis. Ikegami and I are doing great and our area has just been exploding! All of these wonderful people to teach...I just don't know what to do with myself! 

We got a new investigator this week who I am so excited about! We have been trying to meet with her for the past little while now and we haven't been having any success. She is the caregiver of one of our ward members and everyone has been telling her how wonderful she is so I was so excited to meet her! Anyway, ward members had been randomly stopping by and catching her there taking care of our ward member and yet every time we tried to go..she had either just left or something had happened and she wasn't there. It was a little discouraging. But then.... (drum roll please...) WE MET HER! 

And you know what...she's just as amazing as everyone said she was! Whoo! I was so excited because honestly, I was starting to get a little skeptical about this "amazing" elusive person everyone was meeting, but she is just great! We taught her about the Restoration of the gospel and she even thanked us for teaching her! She's been reading the Book of Mormon and came to church this Sunday and wants to be baptized! 

It's a miracle if I ever saw one! 

Seriously. I've never met someone so prepared and so receptive to the Spirit. It's amazing. She can feel the Holy Ghost and she's starting to recognize it. She told us how every time she meets people from our church and talking to them about the gospel and all of her anxiety starts to calm and she gets goosebumps! She kept pointing it out while we were teaching her. It was so cute to teach her about the Holy Ghost as the comforter.  I am so excited to teach her again and all of our investigators. We're not in Gold country...but we may as well be. The Lord has been pouring out blessings like I don't know what. 

I can't wait to teach her about the plan that Heavenly Father has for all of His children this week. It's seriously my favorite thing because I get to tell people Heavenly Father loves them in just about every point we teach! It's a wonderful thing to know and to be able to help others know! :) Ahh. Being a missionary is just the greatest.

Well, until next week... I'll update you all on the miracles that come this week. It's going to be great. I just know it. I don't know how it happens every week but it seems like the week to come is going to be even better then the week I just had. I have no idea how that's possible. 

I love you all! I hope you all have an amazing week! Keep up the great work! 

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment