Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Christmas Miracles!


Alooooha!
 
This week was another amazing one as I'm sure the rest will continue to be. It passed by in a whirlwind. I am actually having a hard time believing that today is Monday again. Where did the week go???
 
I hope you are all doing wonderful and I'm sure you all are. I hope everyone is enjoying the sun and beach for me!
 
So basically...the week was amazing. I witnessed tender mercies from the Lord all week long and I really wanted to share two of them with all of you.
 
The first is....well I'm sure there have been others who have had this happen. On Thursday, Sis. Johnson and I had a crazy night. We had lessons and visits to do and we met with one of the members of the stake presidency to talk about the work in our area. It was so awesome and wonderfully busy!
 
We ended up eating a super later lunch because we were busy earlier in the day so by the time we finally ate it was in the afternoon. What we didn't realize was that in a few hours we were going to be having dinner with a member. Oh my! I was so full after that. I seriously didn't know my stomach could expand that much.
 
But, it doesn't end there.
 
We went to another appointment and of course....on this night of all nights... they fed us dinner. I prayed that I would be able to eat all of the food and not be rude and somehow I did it. It was truly amazing.
 
If anyone doesn't believe that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I am a walking testament. It was the weirdest thing. I didn't feel sick anymore. I didn't feel stuffed. I was just perfect. It was awesome. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways. Haha.
 
The second experience I want to share is truly close to my heart. It involves one of those we meet with. He has been meeting with missionaries for a while now and I just met him recently. The first few meetings with him were good and he understood our message but there was something weird about both. I couldn't place my finger on it but there was something different.
 
Anyway, this week before we got to his house we said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help us discern his needs and help him with whatever he needed help with. Our lesson started off similar to most and it was the same sort of thing. We asked him questions and he answered them all perfectly. But somehow things were just a little off. I was getting a little frustrated and I felt prompted to ask him what was wrong and just explained that I felt like we, missionaries, weren't helping him in the way he needed help.
 
And there came the Christmas miracle!
 
His opened up to us about all of these things or obstacles he was facing in regards to his testimony. My heart broke as I listened to the struggles he endured and continues to endure throughout his life. It was such a tender experience and as he left us with a prayer I felt the Spirit so strongly. I know that the Lord loves him.
 
I know that the Lord knows us. Individually and Initmately. I know that He is there wanting and waiting to help him. All we have to do is ask.
 
I love you all!
 
Love,
Sis. Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment