Monday, July 1, 2013

Week One in the Field


Alooha!
So much has happened since I last was able to hop on a computer.
Things are great! The work is great! There is so much to do and I am so excited! My trainer's name is Sis. Johnson. She's from Virginia and went to BYU-Hawaii! Awesome right? Well she is.
Anyways, I'm in Dublin. For those of you who don't know where that is, don't worry because I didn't either. It's at the northern edge of our mission and we're assigned to the Tri-Valley YSA ward. We're kind of different because our ward covers like 5 towns some of which is actually out of our mission and part of the Oakland mission. So that's pretty cool.
Another wonderful experience I've had so far is being on bikes! Haha! We're in a car share with another companionship which means we have to bike sometimes. Haha lovely. Yesterday it was like a 100 degrees and we biked to church. Awesome. Haha nah its cool. I've kind of got this system down to sling back my cross-body purse and swing my arm under to pull my skirt down every time we have to start pedaling again after a stoplight. Yeah its pretty awesome. I feel like a ninja when I'm riding all chill in a skirt. (Also, Ashley Furtado is a genius. Safety pinning skirts. Who knew..)
Other than that, Sunday was pretty hilarious. Let me start with saying this first though....on the first day we got to San Jose, President Watkins told us some things about being a missionary. Apart from all the wonderful other things he said which reaffirms the fact that he and his wife are THE BEST MISSION PRESIDENT AND WIFE out there (sorry to all those who think otherwise, you are seriously misguided) he said as a missionary the bishop may call you up at any time to fill up time in sacrament meeting if need be. I just laughed thinking...yeah that would probably happened to me. Well, what do you know? Sunday rolls around and one sacrament speaker is a no show. Haha...well we all know what happened next. Luckily there was also a new elder to the ward who got up and spoke too! Haha oh to be a missionary!
Nah....I really love it though! Everything is great. Even though we walk around in the hot California weather, or show up sweating bullets to the church building I wouldn't trade any second. Being out here doing the Lord's work brings me so much happiness and I can't wait to do this for the coming year and a half!
Keep being wonderful people I know you all are. I love you!
Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

(***Correction!!! I posted the wrong zip code earlier.  ***Current mailing address: 11975 W. Vomac Road, Dublin, CA  94568 )

No comments:

Post a Comment