Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sometimes the Week Just Flies By and I Wonder What Happened


Aloha.
 
This week was crazy. I seriously don't even know where it went. So much craziness. I contacted a guy in the middle of the crosswalk while on my bike. It was awesome. I looked ridiculous and he probably thought I was crazy, but he said he would check out "mormon.org" so all is well. Haha. We, Sis. Johnson and I and the other two sisters we're living with, killed a fat spider the other day. I have ballet flats tan lines and a watch tan line. It's awesome.
 
Being on a mission is so amazing. I am just so blessed to be here everyday. From the craziness of the spider to the fact that our bike tire was flat the other week, it is truly just so amazing. The way that the Spirit works through people is just great.
 
Yesterday, the bishopric's wives spoke in sacrament meeting. They spoke about faith, hope, and charity. One of the counselor's wives shared this quote, "The rainbows always come after the rain and storms have gone away."
 
She is so right.
 
Sometimes we have appointments that fall through or we bike for like an hours straight across town in the hot sun and the person we are trying to visit doesn't even live there anymore but it really makes it all worth it when I can see just a slight change in the hearts of those I come into contact with.
 
This week we watched a talk by Bro. Brad Wilcox called, "His Grace is Sufficient". On a side note, if there is a way at all for any of you to watch it, DO IT! Anyways, he talked about not just being saved by Christ's grace but, how as members of the church we work to become changed by His Grace. We try to become like Him and work towards emulating His example because we are not trying to repay Him for what He has done for us or have Him make up the difference of what we lack but we are truly trying to change  so that we can live more abundantly in the eternities with Him.
 
I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and so grateful for the ability that I have to be better everyday. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all so much and hope to hear from you soon!
 
Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

(Just a note of thanks from me to all of you who have been writing and showing your love and support to Sister Ellis-Lui-Kwan since she's been gone.  She loves hearing from you all and appreciates it very much! And so do I. Love, Anela)

2 comments:

  1. I saw that talk in Gospel Principles class. It was an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I read excerpts of the same talk in the BYU magazine a little while ago. It was a good read!

    ReplyDelete