Monday, August 5, 2013

It's A Baby Girl!!!


(Aloha Gang!  I'm so grateful for all your prayers on Sis. Ellis' behalf.  We love and appreciate all your support and words of encouragement.  She really loves the people in her area and loves being a missionary! Love, Anela)

Aloha everyone!
 
This week was one of busiest yet. It started off just as wonderful as ever and ended with a whole load of crazy. We have been really busy with Sis. Johnson leaving to go home and doing our normal missionary work through the week. Another sister that lives with us also got her visa and left today for Brazil! She is going to do amazing things there and we were all really sad to see her leave but I can't help being overwhelmingly excited for all the people who have been waiting far too long for her to come and share the gospel with all of them.
 
But, even with all of that craziness, that is not the major bomb that was dropped. On Thursday night, I found out that I'm going to be a trainer!! :)
 
In the mission we call our trainers our mothers and so after only a few short weeks, my mom is leaving me tomorrow and I'm getting a greenie on Thursday! Haha! I am so nervous. I can't wait and I am so excited to meet the wonderfully prepared and excited missionary that will be my "daughter". One thing I've learned on my mission so far is that the Lord is truly mindful of us. He loves us and He knows us. He wants to bless us. I feel so inadqueate for the task ahead of me but I know that the Lord will strengthen me and I feel so blessed to be able to help to influence someone so new to the mission.
 
On Friday, we had a training meeting for all the new trainers in San Jose. President Watkins talked about the importance of a trainer and how they can impact their trainee's mission for good or for bad. Through the example they set, they can pave the way for the way their trainee's mission goes. In part of the meeting he talked about D&C 121 how the Lord has organizational structure through the priesthood. He went on to explained that the Lord wants us to operate by righteousness through kindness, gentleness, meekness, and love unfeigned. Love unfeigned. That phrase really stood out to me. The Savior loves us unfeigned and unconditionally. He is concerned and cares for all of us imperfect people who probaly can't truly understand the perfect love he offers us so openly. This phrase has been rolling around in my head for a few days and not until one of our investigators talked about Christ's love did things really start to click.
 
He talked about how actions are more powerful than words. He used the example of humility. Someone can say they are a humble person all they want, but until they do things or perform actions that a humble person would do, they are not humble. He related it to the Savior's love for us through prayer. He talked about how, while it would be nice to hear Heavenly Father's voice coming down from heaven everytime we poured our hearts out in prayer, it really hits home when we see and witness the Savior's love for us through the actions that He performed. He performed the Atonement for all of us so that even when we are imperfect and consistently make mistakes, we can continue to try again. How wonderful it is to know we have our Savior, Jesus Christ, who knows and loves us.
 
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week and know the Lord loves you!
 
Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan







No comments:

Post a Comment