Monday, August 26, 2013

When Did It Even Become August?

Aloha everyone,

Time seems to just be flying by. I actually may or may not have been writing "July" in my planner and then I noticed that my companion's said "August" and I kind of freaked out. Haha. But it's okay. I know what month I'm in now! 

This week was great! On Tuesday, my companion, Sis. Bliss, and I started doing service at a new place. We help at a thrift store in Livermore. It's lots of fun and the workers there are so cute! They make me laugh. Then on Friday, we had zone conference. That is where a few zones get together and we basically learn how to be better missionaries. We had three zones at our zone conference, my zone (Pleasanton), the Livermore zone, and the Freemont zone. It was really great! President and Sis. Watkins talked a bit and basically they made me want to just be the best missionary ever! They are so inspiring!

Also this was our last week with our golden investigator. She's leaving for college today actually but teaching her has been such a blessing. From the times when people tell me they can't talk to me because their one foot tall dog is going to bite me to people who tell me that they read the Bible everyday but don't want to read the Book of Mormon because they don't read books, being a missionary isn't always smooth sailing. That is why teaching her has been so amazing. I can see her earnest desire to really want to learn. She has been willing to pray and read the Book of Mormon and try to see if it is really something she believes and if it is really something that is true! It has been beyond amazing to see her willingness and growth during these past few weeks. Even though she's leaving she even brought her parents to church with her yesterday! It's awesome! This past week we taught her the whole Plan of Salvation, or God's Plan for each of us! She loved it and wanted to meet with us again the next day...which of course we were up for! We would've turned our whole day upside down for her if we had to! Haha! We taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ and talked a lot with her about baptism. She wants to get baptized while she is away and I am so excited for her. I know she will do great things! Here's the best part. From the first time we met her to the second. She has read the Book of Mormon every night. She's almost down with the all of 1 Nephi. She's so solid. She might read more than me! It's awesome!

I'm so grateful for her and her desire to know and not just to know and learn from us but to learn for herself. That is probably my favorite part about being a missionary. We can teach people all day...which I love doing by the way... but when it really comes down to it, a

ll of us telling them things about our church really doesn't matter. It comes down to them and their agency. They can choose to accept our gospel or not. I think that's why it makes it that much sweeter when someone comes to that decision on their own! How awesome! I'm so grateful to be a missionary!

I love you all! Hope you all have a beautiful week!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan
 
Evan's Baptism (Sis. Bliss is on the left and Evan is on the right)

Pahia Family (Dad-Chris, daughter-Karina, and son-CJ)
Car troubles. Last week a flat tire, now we needed a jump! It's okay cause my outfit is still cute! : )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment