Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm Still Alive!


Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! This week was great. I had my first baptism. It was awesome. I
felt the Spirit so strongly there. His name was Evan and he is so solid. He
bore his testimony and I could just feel the conviction he had within him.
It was great.

I love how mindful the Lord is of each of us.

I have been thinking about that a lot lately and it is so interesting to
see how much He truly thinks and cares about each and everyone of us.
On Friday, we had advanced orientation and I got to see all the wonderful
sisters I was at the MTC with again. It was so great! They are such
wonderful examples to me. I am grateful to have known them. During our
advanced orientation we talked about a whole bunch of things. One thing we
talked about was our personal study and things we can do to help make it
more effective.

We went over parts of an interview that President Erying did a few years
ago and he talked about how when he was called as an apostle he got a set
of scriptures and asked the Lord what he would have him do as an apostle
and he waited for the response. After some pondering, he wrote down what he
thought the Lord's answers were. Then color coded them and read the
scriptures looking for examples within the scriptures. It made me think of
a talk I watched by Elder Bednar and he sort of talked about doing the same
thing. So, I decided to try it.

I have been looking in the scriptures for the example of Christ and for how
I can share the gospel with others. I've only just started but it has
already been such a wonderful experience.

I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be able to serve the Lord during
this time. I feel so blessed to be able to witness changes in people's
lives and in my own. I love you all so much!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment