Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Two Months!

Aloha everyone,

And no. I'm not trunkie. But I found out from one of the sisters that lives with me that today is our two month mark! Whoo! Two of the greatest, craziest, busiest months of my entire life.

This week was amazing! My wonderful "mother" left on tuesday and I got my new greenie on thursday! It was crazy. My new companion's name is Sis. Bliss and while I'm pretty sure she thinks her trainer is a complete lunatic. I think she's amazing! Such a great missionary.

This week was a tough one. We had lots of our appointments cancel and things were really just all over the place. But the Lord is truly mindful of us and He knows how to succor us in times of need.

Last night, we had a missionary devotional at the home of one of the members of our Stake Presidency in the Livermore Stake, and they each shared their testimony and thoughts on missionary work with each of us. Each testimony was so powerful and spiritual, I know the Lord was smiling down on us!

The stake president shared something that was really interesting, he said that the things we speak, by the Spirit, have an eternal influence on those with whom we come into contact. How amazing to think of the power we possess as missionaries. He testfied that as missionaries we are ministers of Jesus Christ and as such He will support us. How lucky we are to have the support of the Savior in every aspect of our lives. And it doesn't just stop with missionaries.

As disciples and followers of Christ, we take his name upon ourselves. How wonderful it is to know that we have the support of a divine and perfect being with us every step of the way. One thing that I've continually learned and still learn on my mission is that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. It covers everything. All of the pains and sicknesses, all of the trials and hardships, all of the weaknesses and short comings we possess, Christ's grace is sufficient to redeem us and to empower us.

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for the influence that each and every one of you has had on my life.

Until next week!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment