Monday, July 28, 2014

What Matters Most :)

Aloha! 

I hope everyone's week was great! This week was just glorious. I don't know why Heavenly Father decided to bless me and Sis. Christensen so much but we are grateful! We picked up three new investigators this week! THREE!!! :) Just to put it in perspective, so far I've been lucky on the mission to pick up three in a transfer period, which is about six weeks. Haha. Actually on second thought, I don't know if there's ever been a transfer that my companion and I have picked up three new investigators. Haha oh man! But it's okay because this week we have three!!!! YAY! It's amazing because they each are incredibly amazing people!

I love being able to meet so many new and wonderful people! I love being in the Bay Area because there is just such a mix of different kinds of people from different walks of life with just amazing stories mixed here together! Even better, we're all God's children and even better than that... I get to tell them all! Haha! It's great! Even though some people just look at me funny because I can't stop smiling! They just don't know how great it really is! Haha....sorry I'm getting off topic!

Our new investigators. One is from Burma. She is great and so enthusiastic about the gospel! We have to go through things a little slower because there's somewhat of a language barrier but she follows along in her Bible in Burmese and it's super cute when something clicks for her. She gets really excited and then writes it down! :) Another is from Cameroon and she basically won like a visa lottery! Super interesting! Then, our last new investigator is from guess where?! Hollister, CA. Haha! Random or what?!

In addition to that, our wonderful Italian investigator is just great! We brought a member who served his mission in Italy to help us teach and it went great! She understood so much more because he was able to relate things to her culturally that Sis. Christensen and I just don't know about! It was just amazing! That's pretty much why I love members coming with us to lessons! They are just great! Even if it's not bridging a language gap, members are just this beautiful way to show our investigators that we're actually human beings! The Spirit was so strong while we taught and testified of the Gospel it was almost tangible! 

Then to top off this wonderful week! My little investigator from Hollister got baptized! :) It just brought it all home for me. That's what really matters most. The wonderful opportunity we have in this life to make covenants with our Heavenly Father so that we can all return to live with Him again! What could be better than that? 

Well, I hope everyone has a great week! You are all wonderful! I hope you all can meet someone this week as wonderful as the people I had the chance to get to know this week!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan


No comments:

Post a Comment