Monday, June 2, 2014

Welcome to Silicon Valley...Finally!

Alooooha! :)

Well everyone, finally actually close to the mission office. Haha! Both Pleasanton and Hollister were kind of out in the middle of nowhere but now I'm kind of in the heart of it all! It's crazy and so much fun! My companion is Sis. Esikia and she is a Tongan Temple Square Missionary from America Samoa. :) Haha. Two polynesians together. :) It's been lots of fun.

As we drove away from the mission office I'm pretty sure my eyes popped out of my head on Tuesday, I was telling Sis. Esikia that driving to Hollister the 101 turns from like four lanes to three lanes to a two lane highway into the Highway 25, a one lane highway, to the point where there's actually a Stop sign. Anyways, I started freaking out when the highway went from four lanes to like six and then had like 3 on-ramp/off-ramps at the same time. Haha! So, to say the least, it's pretty different! 

In this area, my companion and I co-cover three wards each with a set of Elders. We cover the Campbell Ward, the Saratoga Ward, and the Los Gatos Ward. We've been going all over the place meeting lots of new people and the people here are seriously just great! The work here is really moving forward and we have two investigators with a baptismal date. One is a lady that we taught today is 90 years old and she is just the best! We came and taught her and she gave us a review of all that we had taught her previously! Talk about golden! I was blown away! I told her how amazed I was and she chuckled and said, "Eh, pretty good from 90, huh?" No, no pretty good for anyone! It was so great! 

Well, other than that, things are going great! I'm excited to be here in this new area and I am so excited for my little investigator in Hollister to get baptized on the 14th and I can't wait for our two investigators here! I am seriously so blessed.

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! Sorry I don't have pictures today! I'll attach one of me and my new companion next week!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

(Here's her current address: 501 Hacienda Avenue, Apt. D30 Campbell, CA 95008. Mahalo for all the love and support! Love, Anela)

No comments:

Post a Comment