Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sometimes We Go To Santa Cruz on PDay!

Aloha everyone! :)

I hope everyone's week was great! This week was great! Sis. Esikia and I hit the ground running with missionary work this week and everything is going great! The people we are teaching are great! The area is great! The food we're eating is great! 

We've had some really great lessons this week and I have such a testimony that the Adversary really works hard to make things difficult. We had a lesson last week with one of our investigators. She is one of my favorite people ever and she is about 90 years old. She is preparing for baptismal and accepts just about everything we teach her. I may have mentioned her story a little bit before but she used to watch this TV program, which from her description sounds like Music and the Spoken Word, on Sundays and so she says, a  lot of the things we are teaching her she's already learned from that program. Totally golden! Anyway, we head to go and teach her about the Word of Wisdom and for the first time ever she offers us tea. We politely declined and she asked if it was a religious thing and we explained to her that it was and she felt so terrible about it. 

Oh, it just broke my heart. We told her she didn't know and that it wasn't her fault because she wasn't aware and that Heavenly Father loves her so much but she was just wasn't the same. It was heart wrenching. We taught her the Word of Wisdom and she sat there intently listening the whole time and went through every part and then said, "Well the only thing is the tea, I don't do everything else but it's okay I'll just find something to substitute it with." How amazing is that? From a little of what she was mentioning earlier it sounded like she grew up drinking tea and now she was willing to give it up after all those years just so she is in line with what Heavenly Father wants her to do? Wow. It was so so amazing! She is just great. I feel so blessed to be able to get to know her. You really are never too old to change! 

Ah, another amazing week ahead. I love being a missionary and I love getting the blessings that come from participating in this work. The Lord is seriously just great! I hope everyone has a great week this week! Yesterday our zone went to Santa Cruz! We had lots of fun! I ate a Seared Ahi Sandwich on the wharf! So ono! Well, have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan



No comments:

Post a Comment