Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Jamba Juice for DAYS!

Aloha everyone! :)

This week was another great one! Full of hilarious-ness, Sourdough bread, and smoothies! Sis. Esikia got her wisdoms pulled this week and so we were down for a few days. We spent time in the apartment and I scavenged our house and found quite a number of church DVDs. I think I almost memorized The Testaments. Haha! It's been great though. We had so many people come and bring us food and Sis. Esikia smoothies. From the members to missionaries everyone was bringing us smoothies. It was just hilarious!

By the end of the week, we finally were able to get back to doing missionary work and I felt like somebody had fired the gun for a race! I was so excited! We were behind on numbers because we were at home for most of the week and we had no idea how we were going to catch up to really anything and so we prayed and had a plan all in place. Then we went to bed and woke up the next day and of course as things all to often happen, almost all our plans fell through. But, we were determined. I knew the Lord was going to help us out. I had felt that He would the night before. So we went contacting in Los Gatos after church to try to talk to more people and there was none other than a Farmer's Market with tons of people for us to talk to! In our mission we count the number of people we contact because we don't tract and Sis. Esikia and I talked with over 80 people. It was a miracle if I ever saw one! Seriously. Contacting 80 people in a day doesn't happen. It was a huge blessing and set both of our hearts at ease. 

I know the Lord will provide when we put in our best effort. Even though we tried really hard to plan all kinds of different things and nothing really worked out, the Lord had a plan and really took care of us. I hope you all have a really great week!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

P.S. A picture of Sis. Esikia and I. Don't mind my weird poof in my hair. I couldn't tell you what was going on with that. Needless to say... I fixed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment