Monday, October 6, 2014

Wake Me Up When September Ends...

Aloha everyone!

Too bad it came and went before I even closed my eyes. Well, here we are in October. Really don't know how that even happened but this week has been just insane. Wonderfully insane of course. But between transfer meeting on Tuesday,  Leadership Council on Friday,  General Conference over the weekend, and moving into a new apartment Sis. Ikegami and I have been running around like crazy. 

My new address is 131 Saratoga Ave. #3116
                             Santa Clara, CA 95051

Our new apartment is just wonderful and even better we moved in with the Hermanas! Basically they're just the best and I'm learning a lot more Spanish. It's totally fun seeing that now I can call every guy we meet "hermano." Haha... nah. But on a real note, I learned how to pray in Spanish this morning. So that was really cool. Plus, I've been trying to learn Japanese from Sis. Ikegami so all my "mutli-culturalness" inside of me can finally be at peace with all these random phrases I continue to learn. 

So many things I've learned this week! You know that scripture that talking about learning "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, and there a little..." Well, I feel like I got the whole chapter book this week. Listening to counsel from inspired leaders from the leaders of the church and the leaders in our mission, I've been able to take so much from their teachings. I love how so many leaders talked about personal revelation and how each of us are able to receive answers from God. Sis. Ikegami and I were teaching these two guys outside of PetCo last night and just in talking with them about their beliefs it was interesting to hear their views and they came up with the conclusion that to know truth...spiritual truth at least...they'd have to ask God. We then asked them, how they thought God would answer and they responded with about 5 different ways that we talk about feeling the Holy Ghost. We didn't prompt them in any way and neither really had any religious background. But hearing them come to the conclusion all on their own about receiving a personal witness of Heavenly Father was pretty amazing!

I know that Heavenly Father inspires us when we seek for inspiration in our lives. I know that He is mindful of us even when we don't think so and I've come to know even more that He wants us to succeed. He didn't make this whole plan, this whole earth, or devise the Atonement to trick us or to exhaust us, He did it all to help us to succeed. He wants us to do and be the best we can and I loved the way Pres. Uchtdorf put it when he talked about the human understanding of the universe. Just because we didn't know that we weren't at the center of it or that the sun didn't revolve around that earth doesn't mean anything changed all of a sudden because now we understand that the earth is the one the revolves around the sun. Our understanding has changed. The laws of nature were always the same. Just like the laws of God are always the same. Just like we can trust Heavenly Father because we know that He loves us. It's all pretty cool in this crazy all-connecting sort of way that I'm just beginning to figure out. So hopefully some of that made sense! If not, just know, Heavenly Father loves you. But, if you haven't had the opportunity to watch General Conference just yet, PLEASE DO! It's on https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014
Do it! It's like Christmas in October. 

Have a wonderful week everyone! 

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment