Monday, April 7, 2014

The Parable of the Cinnamon Roll

Aloha! :)

I hope everyone's General Conference weekend was wonderful! All of the talks were exceptionally great! Anyways, in lieu of a missing ariplane analogy I'd thought I'd bring Conference a little closer to home...well for me at least..as I'm pretty sure in the last five days I've eaten about seven cinnamon rolls. The wonderful saints of Hollister and their glorious baking skills coupled with the amazing baking skills of one of the sister missionaries all added up to me eating a lot of sugar. As I sat pondering how many cinnamon rolls could fit in my stomach, I came to this conclusion...Life is like a cinnamon roll.

There are all kinds of cinnamon rolls. Some store brought, some made from scratch and yet they're all delicious. Sometimes they get left out of the counter feeling like they're forgotten, they get hardned by the bitterness of the kitchen air. Yet, each have a chewy, wonderful center, that really is the best part! Haha. But really though, I think a lot of Conference talked about how no matter our different circumstances and our obstacles, Jesus Christ and His Atonment are real. Sometimes we feel alone and forgotten in the midst of our trials, but like we heard over and over, we truly are never alone. I loved what President Monson said in closing, we aren't fully aware "how close He is willing to come, how far He is willing to go, and how much He loves us." And yet, like a cinnamon roll, what's inside is really what makes it wonderful. I think the Gospel really deals a lot with our personal relationship with the Savior and our individual paths back to our Father in Heaven. And yet, if someone were to unroll our lives, what would they find at the center?

Just some food for thought. Haha. :)

Well, this week was wonderful. Sis. Young and I have a new investigator. It's really exciting, he knows the Bible really well and studies it almost four hours everyday. Pretty intense. But totally awesome. We were also able to go to the Temple! It was amazing! Oh I never wanted to leave. But it's alright because we have a lot of work to do! I love you all! I hope everyone has an amazing week! 

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

Sister Young & I outside the Oakland Temple

The Hollister District 

No comments:

Post a Comment