Monday, November 25, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! : )

Aloha everyone! :)

This week has just flown by yet again! From birthday parties to a Dance Party with the Mandarin branch, this week has been totally hilarious! I love being a missionary!

On Wednesday, we had a lesson with a less-active and it was really cool. We invited him to take the missionary discussions as he has made it a new goal to refocus his life on the gospel. So we started teaching him The Restoration and then out of nowhere this kid pops out and is like, "oh hey I just recently returned from my mission in Russia why don't I sit and join in this lesson!" It was awesome! He bore his testimony and I think it really added to our lesson. It was great, I asked him how the restoration of the gospel has blessed his life and he pretty much summed up all of the missionary discussions into like two sentences it was amazing and I've been focusing my study on it lately!

He talked about how the restoration of the gospel in it's fullness makes it possible to effectively use the Atonement in our lives and through the gospel of Jesus Christ we can return to live with our Father in Heaven again and experience eternal life. Like whoa. I don't know if you are all as mind blown as I was but if not...maybe I'm just easy to please. But he pretty much just summed up everything we teach as missionaries into like two sentences...and plus it all points back to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. :) How blessed we are to have a Savior who was willing to atone for us and how blessed we are to have a Father in Heaven who wants us to have everything He does! 

The rest of the week was great and I am so excited for this week ahead. I have three thanksgiving dinners. Haha! Ahh! Love it! :) I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving! I love you all so much! I am so grateful for all of you!

Love,
Sis.Ellis-Lui-Kwan

(Just adding my two cents.  I, too, am grateful to all of you who have been such a great influence in our life and in helping me raise such a wonderful and amazing daughter.  I am truly blessed. I am also grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and peace and happiness and security it brings to my life. I know that Heavenly Father and my Savior loves me and I know he loves you too. We can help others feel the love of Jesus Christ too, if we take heed of Elder Ballard's counsel "that if every member, young and old, will reach out to just "one" between now and Christmas, millions will feel the love of the Lord Jesus Christ."  I hope you'll take the challenge to do so! Happy Gobble Gobble Day! Love, Anela)

No comments:

Post a Comment