Monday, November 24, 2014

Swimming in Deep Water

Aloha everyone!
 
This week was just another amazing one! We have really just been blessed! I seriously don't know how this keeps happening but it's truly amazing!

This past week one of our recent converts was finally able to be confirmed a member of the church and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. She was baptized a little while ago but she went into the ER and then the member she is the caregiver for went into the ER. It was a whole lot of crazy. But Heavenly Father definitely takes care of His children and she was able to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost finally this week! I was so happy to be a part of it!

We were able to do a lot of work in the Samoan branch this week. They are all hilarious. And man....the food. By thursday my mouth was seriously tired of chewing. I just drank a smoothie. Haha. But haha...it's real life. 

Anyways, in addition to that we now have two wonderfully golden investigators. I mean I joke about this area being the celestial kingdom but I'm coming to realize that maybe I was actually right. One investigator we just picked up last night and taught her for the first time. She referred herself online to learn more about the church and she is so excited about it. She couldn't wait for us to give her a copy of the Book of Mormon! It was amazing. She had so many questions and pretty much invited herself to be baptized. Haha! Seriously, I don't know where this wonderful individual came from but man...she is great! She is super excited about the Gospel and the church and I am again so overwhelmed with this sense of gratitude to Heavenly Father for blessing me with yet another great opportunity!

I'm so excited for this coming week! My favorite holiday is coming up and we're booked to eat with some of the 49ers. Haha. Oh the Samoan program! I think I'm going to fast this whole week until Thursday! I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I love you all! 

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

(Aloha Family & Friends - I just wanted to let you all know that I just received her travel itinerary this weekend. Sis. Ellis will be coming home on Wednesday, December 17th on Alaska Airlines, Flight 837 arriving at 12:48pm from San Jose. Come join me to welcome her home if you can.  WE have been so blessed by so many wonderful family and friends who have supported us both throughout these past 17 months. We love you all dearly! May you all have a wonderful and very happy thanksgiving! love, Anela)

No comments:

Post a Comment