Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wonderful...Wonderful Conferences :)

Aloha Everyone!
This week was another great one! We had another Poly Day, Zone Conference, Sisters Conference, and Stake Conference! So totally great. Poly Day isn't really a "conference" but hey... call it what you will. Sis. Young and I are doing great and even greater seeing that she's 6' 2" and great at volleyball. We both had lots and lots of fun at Poly Day. Haha.

So Monday was Poly Day and we had lots of fun. It was outside this time and we played Volleyball mostly and a little bit of Soccer and Rugby. The best part of it all was I looked down and I wasn't the only one without shoes on. Ahh....I was in a good place.

Tuesday was Zone Conference. We had a Q&A with our mission presidency. It was great! Missionaries were able to ask questions about everything! We got a lot of really great advice and I can't wait to put it all into practice!

Saturday was a Sisters Conference and it was so beyond great! We had a guest speaker, Sis. Elaine S. Dalton! Yes...that Elaine S. Dalton. We got to meet her after and she gave me a hug. Man, I felt so cool. Haha. It was really funny. She told Sis. Watkins, "they may be your sister missionaries, but they'll always be MY young women!" HAHA! Love it! President Watkins, also made it clear that HE was still the keynote speaker. Haha. Ohhh our mission president, gotta love him!

A lot of what was talked about I felt like was our divine potential and I was led back to those that we've been teaching. Our two little investigators are just amazing! They have so much ahead of them. They really have no idea how limitless their options are if they just embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ. Then I thought about this, if I, a sister missionary, can still all this potential in our two sweet investigators, how much more so can Heavenly Father see our potential in them and in each of us?

It's pretty exciting stuff. No matter where we are, no matter our circumstance, no matter how far gone we believe we are, one thing remains... Heavenly Father's love. He loves us all individually. Sis. Watkins shared this with us that it really doesn't matter what we know, or what we think we know, what missionary work requires and what true discipleship requires is that we love.

Thank you to all of you for all that you do! I'm so grateful for all of you! I love you all! Have a great week! 

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

P.S. And to end this awesome week....we got pineapple! A ward member we visit always gives us fruit and because he knows I'm from Hawaii tries to get us good stuff from home. This week he got us two pineapple! Weeha! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment