Monday, December 9, 2013

Leaving Dublin...Doughnuts..and Chinese People

Hi everyone! :)

This week was awesome! We taught a few really great lessons, we sang an a fireside for the outgoing missionaries, and I got a transfer call! Ah! This tuesday I'm getting transferred and I'm not sure where yet but I know I'm leaving the Tri Valley Ward and the ever adorable Mandarin Branch. I'm pretty bummed because I feel like all of those huge, amazing changes are right around the corner but it's okay. 

It's been great! I really love the ward and I'm so sad to leave them all! They are such a solid group of YSAs and I love it! I hope that I get to work with them all again at some point! One of the YSAs told me something yesterday at church that I thought was really profound. She said, "Never let Satan make you feel like you didn't have an influence." Isn't that so awesome? Not just for me as a missionary but for everyone. 

I think we all have those days when we're just ready to give up, when we feel like we're just frustrated and we get really down on ourselves and ask why we even try. But in those moments, Satan can take advantage of us. He knows that we're feeling defeated and so he tries to make us feel like all of the good we try to do, all of the hard work we put in doesn't matter. But, it does. It matters to all of those you've helped. It matters to all of those you've influenced and it matters to our Heavenly Father.

I love you all so much! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan



The mattress was for this Chinese sister from Temple square that stayed at our house one night. I forgot to take a picture with the sister...so here's me posing with the mattress the elders dropped off. Haha. We thought they were going to drop off an air mattress and then dropped off this thing. Hah.
Feliz Navidad from the Tri Valley Charity Ball

And then Me and Sis. Johnson. She came back for a baptism and bought us toilet paper :) Haha gotta love her.
These pictures were sent to me (Anela) on Thanksgiving Day by families that fed the missionaries.



(Another picture recently sent to me (Anela) by someone who spotted the missionaries shopping in Target)

Aloha All, This week makes six months out in the mission field. Amazing.  I can't believe how quickly time has passed. We truly appreciate all of your love and support!  Every letter, card, and email is like Christmas everyday for Sister Ellis-Lui-Kwan! May we all find simple joys in the Christmas season and remember to be grateful for all that we have been blessed with.  Thank you again for helping me to raise such a wonderful daughter. Love, Anela

No comments:

Post a Comment