Monday, December 16, 2013

Holla from Hollister!

Aloha.

So I'm alive. I bought a helmet. Things are great. I'm in a biking area in the Hollister 2nd Ward. My companion is Sis. Fraser from Georgia and also an Elementary Education major! Haha. She is an amazing missionary and she is on fire! She is so great as I'm trying to learn the area!

This week has been great. Hollister is an adorable little town. Quite the change from the Tri-Valley area but I'm loving every minute of it! Apparently everyone here was super stoked when the Walgreens opened. Haha. Adorable! The work is great! I think I've taught more investigators this week in Hollister than my entire mission thus far. Things are really looking up!

Also, this week was the first time I contacted someone in Spanish. Yeah! :) There are a bunch of people who speak Spanish here so I've been learning some things. It's awesome! Who would've thought I'd serve in a YSA ward, a Mandarin branch, and learn how to speak Spanish all in my little Stateside mission.
 
We have two super solid investigators right now. One is this girl who is about 13. She is so sweet and got really excited when she came because she writes down her testimony for all the missionaries that teach her and so she said she'd write her testimony for me! Isn't that so precious!
Our other investigator made us T-Shirts! These people are so amazing! I love it!
 
Well, I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you all a ton!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan
 
P.S. I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday. I don't know what it is...maybe I'm starting my own tradition but so far every first Sunday I've had in a ward I've had to speak in Sacrament meeting. ( I guess with the exception of the Mandarin Branch... but that would've been a little difficult anyways. Haha)
 
(Address Correction AGAIN!!!  The other ones had misspelled street names and wrong zip codes.  Sorry gang....this should be the final, well until her next transfer. : )
Sister Hunter Ellis-Lui-Kwan
1471 Gabilan Drive, #1
Hollister, CA  95023

No comments:

Post a Comment