Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Was Dreaming of A White Christmas....

Aloooooha! :)
Hello everyone and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

 
This week was great! Monica got baptized!!!!!!!! YAY! It was so great! She finished the whole Book of Mormon right before she got baptized! It was amazing! She read over 180 pages this past week and even though she had already passed it she went back and read Alma all over again to understand it better. Isn't that so amazing? She strengthened my testimony in scripture study so much as she talked about the peace that she felt from reading the Book of Mormon. Ahhh...amazing! :)

 
On Sunday, she was given the Gift of the Holy Ghost and confirmed a member of the Church. It was such a wonderful Sunday to start off this year. We also had the opportunity to teach both the Young Women in each of the wards about their new mutual theme for the year. It's found in Moroni 10:32 and as I have studied it, I've decided that I'm going to try to make it my theme for the year as well! What a wonderful theme for the youth! By the Grace of God we can be made perfect in Christ, through the atoning sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ, we can be made whole and complete as we try to follow His example. Such a wonderful promise. This week has been such a wonderful one and I have felt so much of the love of the Savior as I've been able to testify to people about this wonderful gospel. I am so grateful that we have a Father in Heaven that loves us and I am so grateful to have the Savior Jesus Christ who loved us enough to redeem us from ourselves to instill in us the hope of eternal life.
 
As we talked to the Young Women, we asked them, "What does it mean to you to have Jesus Christ as our Savior?" After a little thought, they gave three answers, hope, peace, and strength. My companion and I were so in awe and felt the Spirit so strongly that we could barely speak. You could just feel how much they loved the Savior and how much He loved them. It was such a tender mercy from the Lord to be able to come into contact with such wonderful daughters of our Heavenly Father who understand their divine potential. :)
 
Well, I hope you all have a great week! I love you all! Luckily, I didn't get into anymore fights with the asphalt. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment