Monday, September 23, 2013

So Apparently Now I Sing...


ALOOOHA. 

:) 

Hi Everyone. This week has been another great one. Sis. Bliss and I started off the week super strong and had a whole bunch of lessons. It was amazing to actually have all these people remember they were meeting with us and then still want to. Haha! Ahh. But really though...it was awesome. 

Later in the week, we had quite the bump in the road. One of our investigators told us that he doesn't want to meet with us anymore. It was really hard. The two of us were really sad and to top it off, it rained - like the whole day. It was just a really sad day. But, it's okay because I know that the sun will shine again. The Lord has a plan for him and even though we've been able to see him feel the Spirit and feel the comfort that the Holy Ghost can provide, it'll all work out even if he doesn't want to meet with us anymore. 

I feel the one thing I've been learning over and over again is that the Lord is always mindful of us, his children. He will not leave us alone. He will not leave us hanging. He wants to bless us. How amazing! I've seen that over and over again. No matter who we are, no matter who we may think we are, no matter what circumstances we may come from the Lord loves us all and He knows us each more individually, and personally then we could ever imagine.

But here comes the most shocking part of my week....are you ready for it...here it comes...

I sang in Sacrament meeting. In a quartet. Haha what? Yeah. I was surprised at myself too.
Now for all of you who are like "wow, I didn't know she could sing." Don't worry I still can't. Haha. But really though, I was really nervous but Sis. Bliss has this amazing voice and the two elders we sang with, that also serve in our ward, were great too, so we sounded so awesome. We sang "Abide With Me Tis Eventide" and I think that it may be one of my favorite hymns.

Sometimes we feel alone in our lives, sometimes we feel we can't go on, sometimes we are in a hole so deep we think we can never get out and it's okay because that is exactly what the Savior is there for. He is here to help us. He is here is succor us. I don't know about all of you, but sometimes when I'm having a rough day I just want to come home and vent about everything and that's kind of what I think of when I sing "Abide With Me Tis Eventide" asking the Savior to sit and listen to me, asking him to help carry me through the next day because I just feel spent. The Spirit was so strong when we sang and the peace that carried through the rest of church was just amazing. I know the Lord wants us to be happy and I have seen that in my own life. I know that the Lord wants to help me and I am so grateful for that fact!

I love you all so much! 

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sis. Ellis-Lui-Kwan

(Thought I'd share the words to the beautiful hymn she mentioned above. Wish I knew how to post a link to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performing it, but I'm me, so no link -- just Google it, it's beautiful. Love, Anela)

Abide with Me; 'Tis Eventide

Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
The day is past and gone; 
The shadows of the evening fall; 
The night is coming on.
Within my heart a welcome guest, 
Within my home abide.

Chorus
O Savior, stay this night with me; 
Behold, 'tis eventide.
O Savior, stay this night with me; 
Behold, 'tis eventide.

Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
Thy walk today with me
Has made my heart within me burn, 
As I communed with thee.
Thy earnest words have filled my soul
And kept me near thy side.

Abide with me; 'tis eventide,
And lone will be the night
If I cannot commune with thee
Nor find in thee my light.
The darkness of the world, I fear, 
Would in my home abide.



No comments:

Post a Comment